Work & Experience
SCHOOL OF MEDIA AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS, George Washington University
Graduate Research Assistant, August 2015 – Present
- Research assistant for Dr. Kimberly Gross and Dr. Patricia Phalen.
- Line and copy edited Dr. Nikki Usher’s second book, Interactive Journalism: Hackers, Data, and Code.
- Prepared additional manuscripts and supplemental materials for publication.
- Assisted with teaching tasks, including grading, rubric design, and syllabus updates.
AMERICA RISING PAC, Rosslyn, VA
PAC Intern, May 2016 – August 2016
- Drafted posts incorporating targeted research for PAC website and distribution to selected media.
- Drafted social media content and assisted with PAC site SEO and image library management.
- Created and updated nationwide, regional, and state press lists
- Compiled media impact summaries for selected pitches.
THE OLE MISS, University of Mississippi
Editor in Chief, March 2014 – May 2015
- Managed photography, design, writing, sports, and business components of a 368 page, full-color publication.
- Directed staff of 5 editors and over 30 contributors to create high quality content on deadline.
- Revived The Ole Miss brand with new social and physical media plan.
Photography Editor, April 2013 – March 2014
- Captured, assigned, selected, and edited photographs for 300+ page publication.
- Managed trained photo staff and collaborated with editorial staff on overall design of publication.
NATIONAL REPUBLICAN SENATORIAL COMMITTEE, Washington, D.C.
Digital Intern, June 2014 – August 2014
- Created daily posts for committee blog.
- Developed and designed social media graphics and website wireframes using Adobe Creative Suite tools.
- Compiled engagement statistics and assisted finance and political team with events.
THE CIRLOT AGENCY, Flowood, MS
Brand Strategy Intern, May 2013 – July 2013
- Compiled market research for client presentations.
- Produced client web videos for Sanderson Farms PGA Golf Championship.
- Contributed to company blog and assisted with external client communications including press releases and media alerts.
UM BRAND SERVICES, University of Mississippi
Media Intern, May 2012 – August 2012
- Assisted imaging staff on assignments and created School of Education training videos using Final Cut Pro.
Design and Multimedia
- Experienced Photographer.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, InDesign, and Lightroom.
- Familiar with Adobe Illustrator, Bridge and Camera Bits Photo Mechanic.
Social Media and Content Management
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube page design and management.
- Web Content Management using WordPress and Joomla.
- Familiar with HTML and CSS.
- Familiar with AP Style.
Basic policy research and analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Line and copy editing.
Advanced academic database search, including LexisNexis, Google Scholar, JSTOR, etc.
Honors & Awards
University of Mississippi Hall of Fame, Class of 2015
Phi Kappa Phi
Phi Beta Kappa
Kappa Tau Alpha
Mortar Board Senior Honor Society
Taylor Medal Recipient